Candidates for MEMS' EMT Training Program (Rookie School) are required to take the Accuplacer College Placement Test. The Accuplacer Test is an integrated system of computer-adaptive assessments designed to evaluate students' skills in reading, writing, and mathematics. This test is used to verify basic study requirements for Rookie School.
The Accuplacer Test is offered at MEMS’ Headquarters, at no cost to invited applicants. Applicants must meet all minimum requirements of the job and must achieve acceptable scores on this test to move forward in the hiring process. A number of test dates are available, generally two months prior to the start of the program. Registration for the test is required to reserve a seat.
TO PREPARE FOR YOUR TEST
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Bring your state-issued photo ID.
- You will not be allowed to test without your ID.
- All cell phones and communicating devices are banned from the testing center.
- Cell phones should be left in your vehicle.
To learn more about the Accuplacer Test and to access practice resources, visit Accuplacer.collegeboard.org.